Unless otherwise specified at the beginning of the relationship, all people and companies working with Lauren Meyer through Science Refinery, LLC understand and will abide by the following terms.
- I will perform developmental, substantive, or basic editing as agreed upon in email or other correspondence and as defined here.
- I will protect all client work as confidential and will not disclose any information without prior authorization.
- I affirm that I have the necessary experience and ability to perform the agreed upon services for your project, and I am confident you will be more than satisfied with the final product. However, I cannot guarantee that my work will be completely error free. Editing is a human endeavor and includes subjective elements. Further, my editing your project does not guarantee its future acceptance for publication.
- While I will make every effort to bring questionable material to your attention, you will indemnify and hold me harmless from any and all claims or demands, including legal fees, arising out of any alleged libel or copyright infringement committed by you in creating the work. I am not liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation, or other incidental, consequential, or special damages that arise from this work.
- Since every project is unique, I don’t have set hourly or per-word prices. Instead, I evaluate each project individually and quote you a fee, as specified in email or other correspondence. The fee is based on the following factors: type of project, length (i.e., number of words or minutes, if applicable), type of editing, and time until the deadline. If there are any changes to the project, the fee will be renegotiated.
- Only one round of editing is included in the quoted fee. If a second round is desired (e.g., if I first do a substantive edit and you later want a basic edit on the revised manuscript), a new fee will be quoted.
- I accept payments via PayPal and Google Wallet (both to ScienceRefinery@gmail.com) and U.S. check (made out to Science Refinery). Special arrangements may be made as needed.
- Invoices are to be paid within 15 days. Any payment outstanding for more than 30 days from the invoice date will incur a $10 rebilling fee plus an interest charge at a rate of 2% per month or partial month (including the first month following the invoice date).
- This agreement may be terminated by either party in the event of material change of circumstance. Should either party terminate this agreement prior to the completion of the project, you will pay a portion of the initially quoted fee proportional to the services already performed, as determined by me.